THE NOBLE QUR’AN (MEANING WITH EXPLANATORY NOTES) (LIMITED DELUXE EDITION)Author: Justice Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani Category: Quran Publisher: Turath Publishing Year of Publication: 2020 ISBN: 9781906949501 Pages: 871 Country: London Language: English Dimension: 24.5 x 32 cm (9.6 x 12.6 in) Buy now!
A new translation of the Qur’an by Mufti Taqi Usmani. Includes a brief introduction to every surah and explanatory notes (which are different from the ones in Ma’ariful Qur’an). Meant for those who want a basic knowledge of the contents of the Qur’an without entering into detailed discussions.
- The clear and elegantly set text of the Qur’an is based on the Madinan mushaf while retaining the useful features of the Indian subcontinent copy. The Arabic text is presented in the top half of each page followed by Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani’s renowned English translation and notes below it.
- The cover design and the internal typesetting and layout is the meticulous and patient work of Dr Abdur-Rahman Mangera, renowned designer at White Thread Press.
- This hardback deluxe edition is elegantly bound in thermo-leather with gold-blocking and foil embellishments.
- Special illuminated medallions have been placed in the margins to designate the start of a new surah or part (juz’).
- Each part of the mushaf is decorated with Pantone gold borders around the Arabic text.
- A standard single colour edition is also available without the illumination and other design finishes and in smaller size.
The elegant illumination that is found on the opening spread of the Fatiha and Baqarah of this edition is a facsimile of the Tipu Sultan (1441-1442/845AH) mushaf originally written by the scribe Muhammad Mu’min ibn Abdillah al-Muwarid. This was a copy originally produced for Sultan Abu Shuja’ ad-Din Bahadur Khan, the ruler of the Transoxiana region at the time, and now housed at the University of St Andrews’ Library in Scotland.